5. Apply Material or Labor Items onto Stairways
Material or labor items can be dragged and dropped to stairway as well. There are three different applications depending on the properties of material or labor item.
1. Area based Item (item applied to the area of all steps)
2. Length based Item (item to applied on step width & number of steps)
3. Per-step based Item (item to be applied per step)
Area Based Material/Labor Item:
· Simply just drag-and-drop (item types like carpet, vinyl, tile, hardwood, laminate, or any line items that are used to cover an area)
Length Based Material/Labor Item:
· Select to apply the length based material on each step width OR to skirt length of the stairway
After application of Stairway Nose line item, the assignment is displayed under the list.
The two calculation methods of length material application:
1. Apply on step width length for all steps
2. Apply on stairway skirt length (one side)
Per-Step Based Material/Labor Item:
· It refers to items with Unit of Measurement as EA. When applied to stairway, it has the option to select from applying ONCE for the stairway OR applying to each step of the stairway (i.e., by the number of steps)
This feature is useful for applying special labor charges that are per step bases. Also one may set up different labor charges for different installation styles as well.